How Acid Erosion Affects You
How to Prevent
Here are some very simple steps we can all take to start
protecting our enamel from Acid Erosion, starting today:
- Make an appointment to see your dentist if you haven’t been in the past 6 months.
- Don’t give up the healthy food in your diet, particularly fruit, but take a fresh look at how you eat it. If you’re eating something acidic, have cheese, milk, or another non-acidic food or drink with them.
- Don’t swish, swirl or hold acidic drinks in your mouth for too long.
- Many drinks, especially carbonated ones, can contribute to Acid Erosion. Try drinking through a straw or substituting the carbonated drink with water or milk.
- Try not to brush your teeth immediately after eating or drinking and make sure you’re using a soft-bristled brush.
- Consider using a mouthwash along with a fluoride paste to give you extra protection from the effects of everyday acids.
- Use Sensodyne® ProNamel® toothpaste as your daily fluoride toothpaste. It has been specifically designed to help protect tooth enamel against the effects of acid erosion.